Message Board

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 21 April 2016 Meeting
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:44 pm 

The Falmouth Flats Fly Fishers will meet Thursday, 21 April, with a 6:00pm fly tying hour and 7:00pm general meeting at the Fredericksburg United Methodist Church. We will meet in the Fellowship hall on the lower floor. Please plan on parking in the Charlotte street lot.

Fly tying hour will feature striper flies. If you have an extra vise, tools and materials, please bring them! We have some new members who would like to learn.

The meeting will cover the ins and outs of fly fishing the spring striper run in and around Fredericksburg. Please come prepared to pass around some of your favorite flies and talk about your favorite places, fly gear and techniques. We’d also like to hear some shad fishing stories – especially those of us who still struggle to “break the code”.

Reminder: The Fort A.P. Hill Earth Day celebration is scheduled the same day from 10:00am to 2:00pm. If you are available to help with fly tying or fly casting, please let me know. I need to provide a list to base security so I can get vehicle passes for everyone. If you’re interested in carpooling from my place in King George, please let me know that too. I can take up to four additional anglers. I plan to get there early so I can have everything set up before 10:00am.

Reminder: Those interested in volunteering to help with our 23 April Ely’s Ford cleanup, from 9:00am to 10:30am, please let me know. This is followed by an Earth Day celebration at Old Mill Park from 11:00am to 4:00pm. If you’d like to help there with fly tying or fly casting, please contact me.

There is still time to join the 2016 Angler of the Year challenge! Please contact Dan Dutton if you’re interested. The cost is a mere $10 to help defray the cost of awards and support the club. Keep an eye on the bulletin board for the word of the month and bring your fishy photos to the meeting.

Tight Lines,
Pete Adams