Message Board

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beaver Creek Maryland)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:50 am 

Thursday, I fished Beaver Creek which is under I70 about half way between Washington,DC and Garritt County. It was real slow and caught only one 10" wild brown. Beside the wild brown, the stream is also stocked(but apparently not recently), sometimes gets some escapees from the hatchery on the upstream end or from privately stocked water down stream. Stocked fish and escapees are mostly rainbows. Water was high and dingy. The fly shop is for sale but still open. We fish the "no kill" section.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am 

While not Beaver Cr., I fished a nearby Maryland delayed harvest stream yesterday. I have never seen so many rising trout and all day long. All were stocked rainbows 12/13". Numbers of size 18 black stone flies on the water. Fish were very picky and I never found exactly what they wanted. But, there were so many shots that I caught maybe 3 dozen fish. Also, missed gobs of takes, rolled two without hooking for every one that I caught, had some LDRs, and broke three off. I think that my fishing straight down stream plus small hooks caused me to miss so many fish. Early March, dry flies and hundreds of fish. A very good day.